Contact Us

To contact Save Our Buses please email us at: sobs_mtdruittasa@hotmail.com
or phone Deb Robertson on 02 98351882 & 0409669876

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Mount Druitt Rats Running Running Around

Councillor Jacqueline Donaldson from Blacktown City Council seems to action any request as quick as possible.

I have know Jacqueline since end of last year and have found her to be a 'Community-At-Heart Person'. How do you describe a person like this is not hard to do. We all have different interpretations of what this means but to me it means someone working for the betterment of the community, not the individual issues as well as caring for your family. By doing so you do not place any personal grudge against others, act and be diplomatic towards all members of society. Respect what is told to you and respond with natural courtesy and understanding of general reactions. Show ideas and detailed responses.

Anyway back to the issue i was going to advise you, about 2 weeks ago one common Whalan community member advised me that behind the Mount Druitt long Bus Shelters (Busways), where the grass reeds where, she reported to me that she had sight late into the night hundreds of rats running around that area. I asked her how much she thought she had seen she thought it was around 200-300 rats. I advised I would report this to Councillor Jacqueline Donaldson from Blacktown City Council.

What has amazed me is that when I asked for something to be looked at by Jacqueline, within a short space of time she has looked into, got a report or resolved the issue. I have just received an e-mail from Jacqueline today regarding the hundreds of rats, 'Council is laying baits for the rats and I am told they are baits that only kill rodents.'

I shall inform the community when I see her next!

No comments:

Post a Comment