Contact Us

To contact Save Our Buses please email us at: sobs_mtdruittasa@hotmail.com
or phone Deb Robertson on 02 98351882 & 0409669876

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Bring Back Our Buses

At the end of our Meeting held at Dawson mall, Mount Druitt on 28th November 2009, I sang a poem that I wrote (off tune and no music) to bring back our buses - I just wish I could have someone play this song at our next community group meeting next year!

It goes like this:-

Up the road I walked to get to the new bus Stop,
It is hot, windy and dusty to top it all up,
And there are many commuters waiting for the buses to come down,
As I see all their faces not happy and frown!

Chorus:
Bring back those buses taken away from us,
Ripped out of our suburbs causing harm and disturbance,
We're all unhappy of behalf of all communities,
As we only ask for one thing, 'BRING BACK OUR BUSES, TODAY AND TONIGHT!'

Walking with full bags: losing strength, pace by pace,
Up stretched the road I'll never reach home and rest,
I am old and tired with no pace left in sight,
As I only ask for one thing, 'BRING BACK OUR BUSES, TODAY AND TONIGHT!'

I am walking so slow as I am so told,
I am a disabled person walking across unsafe double-laned roads,
Whilst I have to walk further and further without any outside cares,
As I only ask for one thing, 'BRING BACK OUR BUSES, TODAY AND TONIGHT!'

I am a young schoolchild as I walk more long distance with my parents,
And if I get late to school because of those late buses,
I'm then told to have late detention or even time out,
As I only ask for one thing, "BRING BACK OUR BUSES, TODAY AND TONIGHT!'

I am an everyday worker travelling far and wide,
With these new buses I have to wake up earlier and walk further outside,
And then there's the waiting that can make you get to work too late,
As all I ask for is, 'BRING BACK OUR BUSES, TODAY AND TONIGHT!' (Repeat)

Please give ratings out 10 for any feedback received will be appreciated. Anyone interest in produing music for this song also appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment