Contact Us

To contact Save Our Buses please email us at: sobs_mtdruittasa@hotmail.com
or phone Deb Robertson on 02 98351882 & 0409669876

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

It's All Not A Smooth Road For Me!

When I moved out from affluent suburbs like Paddington, Bondi, Kingsford and even Cronulla, I left suburbs that you wouldn't dream have much bad transport. This could be that because a majority of bureaucrats may have lived out in the Eastern suburbs and north shore to Southern Suburbs, in those days.

Since living within Mount Druitt for an accustomed 19 years before bus services were deleted last year, i think I had it easy with public transport compared to what we have now. Yet, if I compare our society to poorer countries, we are well advanced with transport than them. Keeping in mind we live in a modern world that that modern technological changes every day, we should not live in a backward society and neither should the poorer countries be neglected in all facets that we hold in true value with life.

Now don't complacent with the above mentioned comments just made if you are a decision maker or planner of different types of transport around Western Sydney or Mount Druitt.

I am not a perfect person but I can say I have only 'Steered' our group to where we are today, not with support from a lot of quality group members and community members. I have taken the good with the bad - bad meaning criticism and objection to what we have been doing, just last week I was handing out to some young ladies the the 'Transport Symposium Flyers' - when an elderly made swore at me saying I am stupid and mad, using prolific language' - when I left the bus he gentle raised his middle finger to me in complete object to what I was doing! I never said a word against him neither did I want too - some people just like getting upset because they are upset! I forgive this man as he not know what he was really doing!

I still go forward and carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment