Contact Us

To contact Save Our Buses please email us at: sobs_mtdruittasa@hotmail.com
or phone Deb Robertson on 02 98351882 & 0409669876

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Waste Of A Ticket!!!!!!

I have been personally purchasing a 'Myzone' 3 Bus and train weekly ticket since the introduction in mid April this year.

It provided me with a great benefit reduction of $1.00 per week as opposite to the previous costs for tickets and also the new benefit of getting bus services from either bus operaters from with Mount Druitt with greater ease. That is not fiddling around for loose change which costs essential time with bus driver sand creates drivers frustration.

Since the new bus time tables have been introduced 11/10/09 and my 755 bus services was being removed - I now had to walk slightly a little further to catch choice of 2 different bus services from from 2 different bus operaters. For me this meant a change in restructuring my personal life to get to and from work on time. You have to understand that living within the area for long standing period of time over 19 years and having a service cut from your community is like ripping a heart out from a human body and leaving it detached.

Now this 'Myzone' ticket has solved the problem as it is accepted by all bus operaters and train stations, reducing time factors in getting into buses and trains (although bus driver in Mount Druitt do not have scanners to scan the 'Myzone' tickets) The bus drivers have to use their manual eyesight to read the ticket(s) with doesn't have clear printing at times and the size of the print may not large enough to comprehend for poor eyesight readers.

My beef is that having the 'Myzone' ticket bus drivers want to offer you a printed free ticket as well - they are instructed too by the bus operaters. In reality it is a small ticket ( and I'll provide a copy to you next time I get one) but what concerns me: I don't need it and if there are minimum 500 other 'Myzone'3 weekly ticket holders multiply1 by 500 and then by 52 and you can then see the waste of paper, time and expense in producing a ticket showing zero amount paid.

No comments:

Post a Comment