Contact Us

To contact Save Our Buses please email us at: sobs_mtdruittasa@hotmail.com
or phone Deb Robertson on 02 98351882 & 0409669876

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

How Much Time Does a Bus Operater Allow Bus Drivers To Set Down And Go?

Well I am always amazed at what my sources of information tell me. Don't get me wrong I'm not a person to spread rumor - the people that know me know that I do talk but if I talk about something I will talk as if it is factual to what I have been told! I hope that makes sense!

In our society we wake up head down the down and we expect life 'to be easy', that is at a press of a finger buses arrive as you set down at the bus stop and get you to your destination as per your timetable bus route service. And furthermore this would happen on your return trip and for the rest of your travelling days!

Truth to the matter is, that there is a bus operator around Mount Druitt that allows bus drivers to have set down at an average of 12 seconds per every 2 bus stops. Well I am quite overwhelmingly stunned! For arguments sake, if a driver has a time destination of 25 minutes for a journey, bus operators must allow for at least set downs and drive offs for at least more than 50 percent of bus stops, especially if a bus is completely loaded with commuters. thus if that happens the actual time for this is not 12 seconds per every second bus stop. Even if there was one commuter per bus stop set down and entering the bus - this could take up to thirty seconds as long as there is no issues with payment of fares.

I remember many months ago I was told by an unnamed driver that they were allowed 30 seconds per bus stop to set down and then drive off - at least this was reasonable time.

Maybe we should be more understanding, more polite to bus drivers who are on pressured time to get to each destination. I mean they do have our lives in there hands for parts of the day!

We recently had the completion of the Commonwealth games and Australia set a few games records. I just hope that bus operators do not make driver break any speeding records to possibly endanger the the health and safety of commuters lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment