Contact Us

To contact Save Our Buses please email us at: sobs_mtdruittasa@hotmail.com
or phone Deb Robertson on 02 98351882 & 0409669876

Monday, September 13, 2010

Appointment to WSPTUG Steering Committee - I'm excited!

Today, I was told about my recent appointment to the Steering Committee of the Western Sydney public Transport Users Group. I am overwhelmed and proud to represent the commuters of Mount Druitt and Western Sydney to "Promote, providing and moving commuters in the direction of safe, reliable better improved public transport".

I have a clear view of what I have accepted. I can only say this is such a golden opportunity for anyone in my position or same to offer quality time, ideas, resolutions to problems, be a backbone for community lobby groups. I want to be a part of W.S.T.U.G. that helps moving better transport in our future. I want to promote public transport whether it be taxi's, buses, bicycles and/or trains as I do believe that there is benefits for all in do this. A benefit to the individual: no traffic or driving worries, less traveling costs as well. A benefit to the community: the more community members that use public transport facilities, the more cars can be left home - less pollution and less use of fuel. A benefit to the government: for providing employment directly and indirectly, providing the community with the transport link to get to places of need and want. A benefit to the environment - there is less pollutants that are being released on a day to day basis if only one person per day leaves there car at home, gets public transport to get to work and/or shops or just to visit friends and families.

I would like to assist W.S.P.T.U.G. in getting policies in place, working with all parties and stake holders in moving transport forward for the community. Ensure essential services are retained - get W.S.P.T.U.G. involved in bus reviews ensuring no loss of vital community services and that funds provided to update or upgrade bus stops are utilised to ensure that it is fulfilled. Link WSPTUG with City Rail and be involved with discussions to work with to get better reliable services and ensure all train stations has more than adequate facilities to make life better for the commuter.

I would like to say, 'That I will moved forward with W.S.P.T.U.G. and I thank Amy and Hugh for their selection of myself for this very important community role'. I am proud to represent you Western Sydney community!

No comments:

Post a Comment