Contact Us

To contact Save Our Buses please email us at: sobs_mtdruittasa@hotmail.com
or phone Deb Robertson on 02 98351882 & 0409669876

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Bidwill Festival Was Fair

We have a small win for us again at Bidwill were bus commuters had completed a survey that we will be presenting the outcome of these surveys at the Blacktown Transport Forum on 26/10/10. In fact I was asked to give a 2 minute speech regarding our group while Shane assist me showing the leaflets and brochures we have.

In saying this I not that our Mayor of Blacktown City Council, (although he remains very quiet with us) shares the same point or two than me on rock throwing issues - except for a few of them - that is he says it is hard getting the message across to the young on not doing the rock throwing and we both agree it is an educational program that needs to be directed to the children, and their parnets and/or guardians. This is where our views drift off, after this

I believe if we have something like a community safety meeting then if we can teach one parent and or even one child not to rock throw - we have won - this one or two will talk to others around the community and then 'word of mouth moves on and on'.

Maybe I am new to this but I fell I have something more to pay back to the community, a time of hearing and listening and then working things out for the better of the community. Let's give the community a chance as we don't want our essential bus services taken away because of this!

Charlie, I respect as an elder in politics.he has been there - he has done that - but we need the community to be there and do that and that is where the community's strength are! A lot of community people are talking about rock throwing, a lot of people I have spoken too have been affected - their lives changes but do the rock throwers lives change!

No comments:

Post a Comment