Contact Us

To contact Save Our Buses please email us at: sobs_mtdruittasa@hotmail.com
or phone Deb Robertson on 02 98351882 & 0409669876

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Steering Committee of Western Sydney Public Trabsport Users Group

I am honored to provide my services and voluntary time to be part of an exciting lobby group representing the Western Sydney Communities.

Thanks to Amy and Hugh for selecting and promoting myself to the Steering Committee of the Western Sydney Public Transport Users Group. I understand that our group branding is not recognised within Western Sydney as much as I feel it should be - but for the time it has been around it has done very well.

I feel we, as a steering committee will be drive public transport to where it should be going, by community interest groups feedback, increase public interest in these groups. Looking at recommendations provided from the policy committee of the Western Sydney Public Transport Users Group and make it become a vital and important voice for enhancing, improving public transport. I would like to see a goal of promoting public transport as opposed to private transport use for every day continual use. By doing this, there would be many financial advantages to the individual commuter and environment improvement as less polluted vehicles will be driving around as well as the sue of petrol. by the Private car divers.

We need to let the wider community know we are there to better public transport and ensure that any reviews to transport around Western Sydney may be referred to the 'WSPTUG'. We will need to to ensure politicians and transport bureaucrats refer to us before drastic decisions are made otherwise lobby groups will be there to prevent loss of services as long as it is essential and there is a reasonable demand for it, not leaving community members disjointed.

I also think we need to get out to the communities, to get feed back or enhance the website so that online surveys can be completed on any transport issues, reporting back to the NSW government and all Western Sydney state politicians.

I will find this role an exciting role for myself, especially proud of representing the wonderful people of Mount Druitt. I'm not in this for myself I'm in this for the Western Sydney community members.

No comments:

Post a Comment