Contact Us

To contact Save Our Buses please email us at: sobs_mtdruittasa@hotmail.com
or phone Deb Robertson on 02 98351882 & 0409669876

Sunday, March 28, 2010

I've Walked The Sunday Mile!

Yes, today I was working at Parramatta and had to reach around 8.45am. That was the easy part of travelling.

What I have confirmed that other members of Mount Druitt community and group members say is that there are hardly any bus services that leave before 7am in the morning on Sundays. Although I have three options to get bus services that is Busways 755 & 758 and Westbus 780 - not one of them accommodate myself ion getting the trains at 7.33am . Guess what I had to walk. I walked the mile and another mile!

This is thanks to the NSW Government that doesn't provide proper bus services on Sunday. The earliest train that leaves Mount Druitt is 4.05am. there are no bus service to meet commuters to the station until about 3 1/2 hours later. No wonder people can't get jobs, they can't get buses to get to the jobs.

When will the NSW government understand that within Mount Druitt - we have gone backwards in life instead of going forward and promoting more commuters to get onto private/public buses and public trains reducing pollution content in our atmosphere.

I only have to work once on one off Sundays and am reasonably fit to walk the distance to Mount Druitt Train Station but I worry about others that have to walk further and long distances to get to the same place or are inept of obtaining work for their future and assist their finances - let's work on reverting back to reasonable timetables that bring required infrastructure together!

No comments:

Post a Comment