Contact Us

To contact Save Our Buses please email us at: sobs_mtdruittasa@hotmail.com
or phone Deb Robertson on 02 98351882 & 0409669876

Monday, March 1, 2010

Not One Phone Call Or Contact From Members Of Local Government Or State Government To Us To Congratulate The Community!

It appears that if you are elected into office of Local Government or State Government - that is all you do - when it comes to a powerful community group lobbied or advocated for an one issue only for one cause 'the community' and your community wins - not one phone call is received to myself (or even an e-mail to us)to express satisfaction of what we had done on behalf of the community.

I understand a that there was expectation that all local councillors should be accredited as well as local state members should be credited but when the crunch came and someone had to stand up to all levels of government and stand up for the people - I was voluntarily asked. The only thought I had was only for our community. I am honoured to have such leadership and asked to have such leadership within our community - yet I share this leadership with Debbie and Joan - who have had more local community activity around our suburbs. I give my hat to them! They are the ones that represent the group and the community with ideas that got us to where the community wanted us to be!

We do thank Jacqueline Donaldson councilor for Blacktown City Council and Ray Williams, Hon. Member for Hawkesbury for their contributions right throughout our mission. We also thank Richard Amery Hon. Member for Mount Druitt and Allan Shearan Hon. Member for Londonderry, for turning up to the first community meeting out three we had and then never turning up to the other two Community meetings!

I also thank Allan Shearan stating that I personally made it political the meeting we had on 7/11/2009 - whith the opposition attending our meeting which you thought I invited to the meeting. I think Allan Shearan, that removing the buses from essential streets for the community was made politically and I had never personally invited the opposition to the 7th November Meeting and since have not had an apology for that comment. I remember Sonyia had explained to me that she confirmed to you Mr Williams invited himself to our meeting due to public newspaper reports. I don';t forget things but now I know politicians like make ridiculing comments and embarrassing me!

No comments:

Post a Comment