Contact Us

To contact Save Our Buses please email us at: sobs_mtdruittasa@hotmail.com
or phone Deb Robertson on 02 98351882 & 0409669876

Monday, March 1, 2010

Busways New Bus Sevice 755 First Day-Different!

Today was the commencement of the re-introduced 755 bus service that was taken away after 43 years from the mount Druitt community.

I nearly lost my footings actually walking down to my bus stop at the corner of Ellengowan Crecent and Bulolo Road, Whalan. Yet I felt so happy that what was taken away was given back. I was eaely waiting for the 755 that reaches Popondetta Road and Luxford Road, Whalan at 6.14am ( according to the new time table leaflet of 1st March 2010). Wow 755 has it's own time table booklet/leaflet. It used to be in the same timetable booklet of 754,756,756G,757, 761 and 762.

Ah then approximately close to 6.20am a Busways bus - with the sign 'Busways' - that's right no 755 route number was nearing the stop - how sweet was this sound? Then the bus just drove past myself and didn't stop as I hand singled thew bus down. I waited another five minutes no other bus came on from the western side of Bulolo Drive and then the Bus service from Mount Druitt reach the other side of the road. The same thing no '755' bus route just 'Busways' sign on top!

I ended up walking to the end of Bulolo Drive and Luxford Road and caught the Westbus 780 bus. One lady asked wasn't i getting the 755 bus - advised it didn't stop for me this morning!

I got to work and before I started work rang the 131500 Infoline and reported the incident event number 5362945. was advised by Trish that they don't have infomation of where the bus stops of the 755 thus they couldn't help and will refer me to the bus operater 'Busways'. During a 9.30am break at work today rang 'Busways' spoke to a pleasant Joanne who went out of her way to assist me. She checked to see why the buses didn't have the 755 sign and advised there was a computer problem and the it wouldn't accept the route number and they are working to having it fixed as soon as possable during the morning. Regarding the bus not picking me up - was advised will refer to that particular bus driver.

Besides all this, I am happy to catch the 755 bus service today and better as it was before - we will need to ask for further changes (on this bus route), but this we will request as a group when we have our next meeting! I'm am pretty sure the community now trusts us to get the job done! Thank you Community!

No comments:

Post a Comment