Contact Us

To contact Save Our Buses please email us at: sobs_mtdruittasa@hotmail.com
or phone Deb Robertson on 02 98351882 & 0409669876

Friday, January 22, 2010

Report on Radio 2UE John And Sandy Breakfast Show

A brilliant report was made by John Stanley and Sandy Oloisi on 'Breakfast with John and Sandy' on AM radio 954.

There swas such professionalism from the producer Stefanie - as I had some phone handset problems on Thursday - was unable to hear callers and yet they could hear me!
It was amazing how I prepared myself in the morning for certain questions and was ready for the first one and as I was speaking for all of Mount Druitt community members whom get the bus! Wow! Debbie and I 'tossed the coin' over the phone as to whom should speak - at the end Debbie advised I had place majority of stories of our website thus it should be me! Debbie is great as a Vice Chairperson!

I woke up early and studied all areas as much as i could as there are at least 10- 12 areas of concern. It is hard to sum up the issues but the main issues are the deletion and reduction of service, the extension of bus transfers to get to major destinations and the continuance of seeing buses heading towards Penrith via Tregear, Rope Crossing and St Marys more and more often empty. Actually what I ended up saying talking about the suburbs affected around Mount Druitt and what was then flashing in my mind is the safety issues around Gasmata Crescent - the underpass where the Minister of Transport says it is safe - mentioned about double laned roads being unsafe then reinstating what our petition states and that's what we want when we meet with the Minister - That is pretty much it!

The radio announcers were surprised how Mount Druitt bus services were affecting community members of Mount Druitt - they were saying that it needs people power to get the bus services and time table changed. They agreed with our cause and will follow up with the Ministers of Transport.

On behalf of our group I thank you 2UE, for taking the opportunity to interview us and also after we meet the Minister of Transport.

I heard 2 callers coming in - which were special to me - once was from Gasmata Crescent, Debbie complaining about broken glass in the underpass taking prams underneath and the other was warren regarding buses along Eastern Avenue/Todman Avenue being cut.

This is ironic as the response was immediately local and it assiated the community members of Gasmata Crescent - whom thought we were not including them in the beginning! And then the irony was the next one was just in the vincinity of where my mother lives in Kingsford and also in the electorate of the Premier of NSW - How could this have happen so mysteriously?

No comments:

Post a Comment