Contact Us

To contact Save Our Buses please email us at: sobs_mtdruittasa@hotmail.com
or phone Deb Robertson on 02 98351882 & 0409669876

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Whalan Community Action Group Supports Save Our Bus Services, Mount Druitt And Surrounding Suburbs

Today I attended the Whalan Community Action Group meetingas a visitor and at the end of the meeting was encouraged by the work done by the group and therefor joined the group.

At least half the members knew myself before I introduced myself or should I say President,Ivy Roberson kindly introduced myself to the group today? I thank Ivy for doing this as she is an inspirational community lady with the the community interests at her heart. She tirelessly works hard as is currently Blacktown City Council Australian of the year 2009.

Anyway,she left it to after the end of general business request both Debbie Robertson and myself to speak of our group. I must admit we didn't have to speak pretty much the members were talking about what is happening to therm, community members and I have given them an update on on what has been happening and provided our website details for them to look at. Without doubt there was overwhelming support for our group and we thank President ivy and her group to provide the time to explain. We advised Ivy that we are try to request the Secretary to the Minister of Transport and Infrastructure, that we would like her to be invited as President of CAG (Combined Action Groups). She was extremely please about this.

NB: Whalan Community Action Group meets on every third Wednesday of each month at 9am. Activities are art & craft: card making, woodmaking, heartwaves fitness program, monthly bus trips (linited numbers) and they also has a newsletter called the "Whalan Whisper' - for further information contact us and we will forward your deatils on your behalf to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment