Contact Us

To contact Save Our Buses please email us at: sobs_mtdruittasa@hotmail.com
or phone Deb Robertson on 02 98351882 & 0409669876

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Passionate not Political - John Svoboda

I have been lately asked to run for NSW government seats by local members of the public. This was even one day prior to our group starting 11/10/2009.

I foremost;y want to emphasise that although I deal with politicians i do not have the desire nor the natural ability to run for any elections. I started being a passionate person concern about our bus services and will finish the same as well. I may give an impression that I act a little bit political - but I am not waiving any political flags, not a member of any political parties (nor do I want to be).

I will remain Chairperson of our group until the day all of our services are returned, even it it takes a longer period of time to get them all in. What I want is what the community wants. I hold 2 community flags individually the return of 755 Busways bus services and as a Chairperson all bus services we are fighting for.

By now, I think some Members of parliament may be relieved saying I'm not running for any government aS they may have thought I am a threat to them. I do not consider myself as a threat just someone standing up for the general community. I have always told community members that I talk too on a day to day basis, that one of the main reasons that i decided to take us this voluntary role is that I look at myself in 30 years time and if that MSW Government of the day and the same thing happened to our community with transport and infrastructure there would be someone out there that would take my lead that I am doing now.

What I have found amazing is that in the beginning that with the Local members of parliament within Mount Druitt they were coming to us now a days we hardly hear them no letters sent to us, no e-mails, no coming to the last 2 Community meetings held in Mount Druitt and no phone calls! What is happening - I thought that members of parliament re[present all parts of their electorate - they are no creating noise like us - we seem to be fighting our cause without them! They are not reporting to the local pressing providing support to our group lately.

I now believe that local members our local members have been sitting in safe seats for along time and fell that there is no problems entering parliament in safe seats - no matter what side of the fence you sit on.

At work we have PDR's (Personal Development Reviews every 6 months) as a NSW lower house parliamentarian there is 4 yearly elections performance based!As a voluntary Chairperson my performance is based on the results of our group never ending getting returned bus services back within Mt Druitt and surrounding Suburbs. Stories told on our website is also showing the the performance of our group - the wider community support is also appreciated!

My passion is your passion as a Mount Druitt community member needing the returned bus services that was ripped out of our suburbs: to stop hardship, reduce social lives, increased travelling costs through taxi fares, increased long walks, etc.

That's me and passionate not political - I don't give up until the job is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment