Contact Us

To contact Save Our Buses please email us at: sobs_mtdruittasa@hotmail.com
or phone Deb Robertson on 02 98351882 & 0409669876

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Promoting New And Revamped 755 Bus Services And Gasmatta Service

Yesterday morning I caught the Westbus 780. My plan was to hold the 2 page document from the Minister of Transport and infrastructure had provided to us the day before inclusive of the new bus route, advise the patrons on travelling on the bus, so that
the word van be spread.

I have always found word of month is the cheapest and fastest way of spreading the word. As soon as I entered the bus my prepared announcement went quite, Well the patrons were quiet! The bus continued on its travel reach reached the bus stop opposite Gasmatta Crescent, three patrons entered the bus 8 one lady sat down opposite and then I found this was my golden opportunity. I asked her if she lived around Gasmatta Crescent, she nodded her head as positive. I then explained that her bus will be re-introduced as 674 Westbus Service pending confirmation of previous safety concerns of drivers has been addressed. I advised her she was the first Gasmatta community told about on the bus and advised her to let everyone she knows about it and to contact Westbus for further information.

A nearby lady patron asked about the '755' bus service and in such excitement and with a smile I confirmed that it is coming back - she was so delighted explained how she lived near West of Popondetta Road and how that service was a necessity service as we left the bus at Mount Druitt people were having smiles on their faces.

I reach the turnstiles at the top of Mount Druitt Station, approached the station assistant who has the PA microphone and asked if he could announce that our 755 bus service are back. He said do you have scripting for this - I answered as 'No' - being unprepared for this. He then referred and passed the PA microphone and asked me to announce it myself. I pressed the green button and hear i went!

Normally passengers on trains would here late announcements, prompting message regarding smoking no bicycle riding on platforms and next train due details. I straight away announced 'Good Morning everyone, I am John the chairperson from Mount Druit Save Our Bus Services, we would kike to advise that anyone that caught the bus route 755 in Mount Druitt that it is being re-introduced as from 1st March and to contact Busways for timetables and further information. For the residents living near Gasmatta Crescent your bus will be return - contact Westbus for further information, thank you very as this was won by the people of Mount Druitt'.

I then turned my head around saw that the Station Master was at the office window with his staff member and I gave him a generous and warm 'thumbs up' and he return with a cheerful smile. I think 200 people waiting on the platform were half-asleep would have been woken up by now.

I went to the usual spot that I enter on the platform and lo and behold t5he lady that was happy regarding the bus services along west of Popondetta Road was there and she had confirmed she heard myself make the Announcement on the PAS and said she just finished texting her sister at Bidwill the good news. Well not just word of mouth but text of phone helps as well.

In the afternoon I arrived at the 758 Stand which had a queue of patrons waiting for the bus and announced to everyone of the 755 bus service - some people were stunned, in disbelief and mostly thanking me - which I profoundly refused and said it is all of you who signed petitions - these people will spread the word and I suggested to ask the bus driver for time table details. We asked our driver he didn't have as yet -p and asked him to mention to the bus depot that we require it.

This above story reflects the story that I had published on 30/12/09 - 'Year of Save Our Bus Services Mount Druitt 2010! This result pretty much confirms that we need to stand up for the community and be counted for the community and with the zcommunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment