Contact Us

To contact Save Our Buses please email us at: sobs_mtdruittasa@hotmail.com
or phone Deb Robertson on 02 98351882 & 0409669876

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Phone call for 'Thanks, you make my life easier now!'

I had a telephone call from Warwick, one of our group members. He wanted to 'thank me personally for putting effort and not giving up'.

Warwick came with us one day on a Saturday Morning, to sign up more signatories for the Mount Druitt wide petition. Sonyia and Joan turned up but I started at 8am and finished around 12 noon. Warwick didn't give up as well. He stood by me and was there - we before time were strangers but not strangers to the community, who provide warmth as a majority of commuters were signing the petition.

Later during our campaign Warwick had to have a heart surgery operation and is slowly coming out of it. His words to me were, 'Thanks to you, your group and all others who go the buses back - it will make my life easier,now'.

Again as I said before the real thanks goes to the people that signed the thousands of petitions, they inspired me to carry on. the hundreds and hundreds of people that spoke to me, that wanted to be heard - that suffered life worse than me due to the time table changes of 1st March 2010. Thanks goes to each and every one of our group members. Special thanks to Joan - who is my local idol, Debbie who carried the candle after Sonyia resigned (Due to personal reasons), Sonyia who physically started the job for us - race d around and got things done for us, ivy who at first joined to be there but lady realised that community first, members of parliament second, after she had an incident happen to herself.

Yet the real thanks I get will be seeing the happy smiles on people's faces who were sad before of the taken away services.

No comments:

Post a Comment